To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, society and the world.
Activities of the Kountze Women of the ELCA (W-ELCA) include:
- Monthly circle meetings for Bible study and fellowship
- Serving funeral lunches, weddings, anniversaries and other special events
- Helping with Lenten and Advent suppers
- Sewing quilts and preparing school and health kits for Lutheran World Relief
- Service projects, which involve collecting materials or donating monetarily, such as the Kountze Pantry, Mosaic, Nebraska Lutheran Campus Ministries, Lutheran Family Services, Together Inc.,and Nebraska Prison Ministry
- Supporting Kountze Family Friends (shut-ins) with cards and visits
- Sponsoring a Christmas Tea and Spring Brunch
- Participating in Lutheran Women of Omaha and Metro East Gatherings of the Nebraska Synod
All women of Kountze Memorial Lutheran Church are invited to join the Women of the ELCA. Please call the Church Office at (402) 341-7761 or Coordinator Carole Woodworth at (402) 339-2056 if you are interested in becoming a member.